Last Updated: September 20, 2021
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of the Policy and, in some cases, we may provide you with additional notice (such as adding a statement to our homepage or sending you a notification). We encourage you to review the Policy periodically to stay informed about our information practices and the choices available to you.
Information You Provide to Us
If you use our websites, including, but not limited to, strider.tech or striderintel.com, (each, a “Site” and collectively, the “Sites”), and/or our other products, applications, and services (collectively with the Sites, the “Services”), you may provide us with certain information about you in the course of using such Services such as: when you create an account; use our Services or otherwise participate in any interactive features of the Services; fill out a form; subscribe to an email list or newsletter; request customer support; request a whitepaper; register for a training course, demonstration, free trial, or webinar; participate in a contest or promotion; or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information that we may collect include, but are not limited to, your name, email address, job title, phone number, address, payment information, and company name. We may also collect information you supply to us concerning your preferences and interests expressed in the course of use of our Services.
Information Automatically Collected During Use of Our Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We also obtain information from other sources, including with regarding individuals who do not directly use our Services. For example, we may collect information about you from trusted third party and/or commercial sources and/or publicly available sources, such as published research papers, published patent applications, and social media profile information, such as information from LinkedIn profiles. This information may include your name, education history, employment history, conference or event attendance history, professional or industry group association history, publication history, intellectual property filing history, information regarding defense, military or government ties, and areas of technological expertise.
Use of Information
Information that you provide to us and that we automatically collect about you during use of our Services is used to provide, maintain, and improve our Services, such as to administer your use of our Services and to enable you to enjoy and easily navigate the Sites.
Information that we collect about you from other sources is used by Strider to provide Services to our business customers, governmental entities, and other organizations (our “Customers”). This information helps our Customers understand and evaluate their exposure to a variety of risks, including compliance, intellectual property theft, talent loss, or other similar risks.
We also use the information we collect to:
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, support, and administrative messages, and to respond to your comments, questions and customer service requests;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, and events offered by us and others, and provide newsletters, marketing or promotional materials, and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Strider and others;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match your interests;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
We share information about you as follows or as otherwise describes in this Policy:
- With Customers who use our Services to obtain such personal information. Where we provide personal data to Customers as part of our Services, we only provide such information to Customers who can demonstrate that they have legitimate interests in such personal data and even then, we limit such Customer access only to the personal data that is relevant for their purposes;
- With vendors, business partners, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf including to facilitate operation, access and use of our Services, provide Services on our behalf, perform Site-related services (including, but not limited to, data storage, maintenance services, database management, web analytics, customer relationship management vendors, and improvement of the Sites’ features) or assist us in analyzing how our Services are used;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Strider or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of our assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among Strider and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you, with other third parties.
You may review, update, correct, or delete the information provided in your registration or that you otherwise provided to us by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us by following the instructions at the bottom of those emails or by contacting us with your request at email@example.com. If you opt-out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Residents of the EEA, UK, or Switzerland
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), the United Kingdom (UK) or Switzerland, you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data.
Legal Basis for Processing
If you are a resident of the EEA, UK, or Switzerland, when we process your personal data we will only do so in the following situations:
- We need to use your personal data to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., for providing Services you have requested).
- We and our Customers have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data. For example, we may process your personal data to provide Services to Customers and/or to secure, and improve our Services.
- You have provided consent for us to process your personal data.
Who Controls Your Data
Strider controls the personal data we use in providing Services to our Customers. Our Customers who use our Services are also data controllers and are responsible for how they may use the results they obtain from our Services. Their processing notices will tell you more about how they use personal data.
Data Subject Requests
If you are in the EEA, UK, or Switzerland, you have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be corrected or erased. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. Your rights to object to, or request that we strict our use of, or delete your personal data may be limited where we are legally required to process your personal data or have compelling reasons to override your request. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please visit our request form: https://www.striderintel.com/data-access-request-form/
Questions or Complaints
If you are in the EEA, UK, or Switzerland and have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority where you reside.
- For contact details of your local EEA Data Protection Authority, please see: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.html.
- For UK residents, information about how to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office is available here: https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/your-personal-information-concerns/.
- For Swiss residents, contact details of the Swiss data protection authority, the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) are available here: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home/the-fdpic/contact/address.html.
Other Important Details
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
We take reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
We process the information we collect about you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it. We may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or as required by law.
Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Other Countries
Strider is based in the United States and we process and store information in the U.S. Therefore, we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
Strider Technologies, Inc., Attn: Privacy 10377 S. Jordan Gtwy #150, South Jordan, UT 84095
VeraSafe has been appointed as Strider’s representative in the European Union for data protection matters, pursuant to Article 27 of the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union. If you are in the European Economic Area, VeraSafe can be contacted in addition to Strider, only on matters related to the processing of personal data. To make such an inquiry, please contact VeraSafe using this contact form: https://verasafe.com/public-resources/contact-data-protection-representative or via telephone at: +420 228 881 031.
Alternatively, VeraSafe can be contacted in the European Union at:
VeraSafe Ireland Ltd., Unit 3D North Point House North Point Business Park New Mallow Road Cork T23AT2P Ireland
VeraSafe has also been appointed as Strider’s representative in the United Kingdom for data protection matters, pursuant to Article 27 of the United Kingdom General Data Protection Regulation. If you are located within the United Kingdom, VeraSafe can be contacted in addition to or instead of Strider, only on matters related to the processing of personal data. To make such an inquiry, please contact VeraSafe using this contact form: https://verasafe.com/public-resources/contact-data-protection-representative or via telephone at: +44 (20) 4532 2003.
Alternatively, VeraSafe can be contacted in the United Kingdom at:
VeraSafe United Kingdom Ltd., 37 Albert Embankment London SE1 7TL United Kingdom